Thursday, November 9, 2017

Girl's iPhone 7 Plus Explodes, Prompting Full Investigation From Apple

Apple has spent years building and nurturing a reputation for reliable, easy-to-use products. That's why iPhones are everywhere – anybody can use them, and they're generally stable, reliable machines. Sure, there have been a few hiccups along the way, but it's different when phones start exploding and the evidence shows up on social media. So now they have their hands full and their reputation is on the line.

Just when you thought it was safe(r) to use an iPhone, a girl showed off the bubbled, ruined husk of her iPhone 7 Plus on Twitter after it melted down on her.

As she explains, she noticed it having difficulties turning on and off the day before it happened, so she took it in to the Apple store. Employees ran some tests and told her everything was fine. Clearly, everything was not fine.

The next day, as she slept with the phone charging next to her head, her boyfriend moved the phone to her dresser, when he noticed it was steaming and squealing.

He grabbed the phone and took it into the bathroom, where smoke started pouring out the side.

She even uploaded some pretty damning video to her Twitter account, showing smoke curling out of the phone on the bathroom counter.

She has no explanation for how this could have happened. She wasn't using a third-party knock-off charger or anything, so Apple has a pretty important mystery on its hands.

And by now, Apple knows the consequences after Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 debacle. You know they'll do everything in their power to avoid a similar scenario. 

As an Apple rep told Gizmodo, "We are in touch with the customer and looking into it." We'll have to stay tuned!


Author: verified_user